I found this recipe on Recipezaar and with a few gluten-free tweaks, made a yummy new breakfast bar!
1 1/4 cups honey (I used 1 cup Agave Nectar but might reduce next time to 3/4 cup)
4 cups Grape Nuts (I used Perky’s Crunchy Flax cereal by Enjoy Life Foods)
1 cup Quick Oatmeal (I used GF oats.*If you are newly diagnosed with celiac disease, please click here to read more on oats from one of my previous posts)
1 cup Dried Cranberries (I omitted these because I love them by themselves, just not in my cereal or granola bars)
- Line a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with parchment paper
- In a large saucepan, combine honey (or agave nectar) and peanut butter over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients, mixing well and spread into prepared pan.
- Use a piece of parchment paper to press into pan and flatten out (Be careful, the mixture is VERY hot!).
- Put in refrigerator for about 30 minutes until cool and cut into bars.
- I wrapped each of mine in wax paper which makes them a great grab-and-go breakfast!